Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to Learn at Home Parenting! By way of introduction, my name is Catherine. I have two beautiful, sweet, intelligent children. My son Squeak is almost 6 and is preparing to enter kindergarten! He loves to learn new things, use his imagination, and make new friends. My daughter Pixie is 3 and completely idolizes her older brother. She loves to sing and dance, play outside, and get dirty. I have been married 10 years to my college sweetheart and we live in the gorgeous pacific northwest. My husband is an education administrator and is also currently working to attain his doctorate degree. I have a bachelor of science in sociology and formerly taught Head Start and preschool in the public school system. I now stay home with my babies and try to make our home their classroom. I firmly believe that children learn best through play, and I’m hoping this blog will be a way to share my ideas for encouraging learning through play at home. I hope you will join me and share your ideas with me, as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment